Gippsland Granny, a lovely lady, has nominated me for a Kreativ Blogger Award!
I was both surprised and very touched.
It’s been nearly three years since I started blogging, and it has become a great part of my life. It is something which has brought me warm fuzzy feelings from the feedback I’ve received from readers, has helped me meet and make friends, and has been a great way to keep friends and family posted of the Bookgrrl family’s comings and goings.
As part of the Kreativ Blogger award, I also have to nominate 7 blogs (only 7!) and tell you 7 things about myself. To make it a bit fun, my 7 things have a 7 theme :).
1. I wore the number 7 on my basketball jersey when I played in my first (and last) basketball team, Mohawks 2 at the Ararat YMCA in 1979.
2. When I was 7 years old, I was in Grade 2 at St.Mary’s Primary School, in Ararat. I was in a class of 40 children, and I was one of 4 new students in the class.
3. When I played netball (which has 7 members a side), my favourite position was Goal Shooter (GS). In my first game in the 7-10 Twilight Netball season for Yellow Team, our team won 22-0, a feat which had us mentioned in the Ararat Advertiser.
4. I was born on 27th April, 1971, which makes me a child of the Seventies- a daggy decade, with too much brown and burnt orange for my taste, but with freaking cool music from David Bowie, The Ramones, Joy Division, The Clash and The Cure.
5. Since meeting Mr BG, we have moved 7 times- 4 in Melbourne and 3 in Ballarat.
6. I have worked in seven jobs since the age of 15- two at St John of God Hospital, as a nanny, as a record department chick at Myer in Geelong, and three as a librarian in a public library, the State Library of Victoria and at my present library. None of these prepared me for being a mum (I can do a mean storytime with the kids though).
7. I am currently packing for our holiday overseas and working on the premise of packing a week’s worth of clothes. Everyone will have seven pairs of undies :).
The seven blogs which I wish to nominate for this award are
1. Strawberries of Integrity– Kate was one of the first people I followed on Twitter. She writes about her life in Canberra, her thoughts and her family. It is always good to catch up her at library conferences and her visits down to Ballarat.
2. Macaronic– Jo is librarian who lives in Queensland and blogs about her work and her family. She too is a Duran Duran fan :).
3. Sallysetsforth– Sally is a former work colleague that loves to craft. She has been to Darwin and back to Melbourne again.
4. Girl in Melbourne– a photographic blog from a librarian that is truly divine.
5. There’s a lady in the house!– Tania lives in Ballarat and makes the yummiest jams and chutneys- these are her recipes.
6. New York via Melbourne– Jenelle has been blogging since there were blogs. I also used to work with Jenelle, but now she is living in New York with her husband Bill. She writes about life in New York, her travels, music TV and her beloved Collingwood.
7. Bonito Club– Tony documents his knitting journey and the trials and successes he encounters. His next attempt will be crochet :).