When Miss BG wishes to say what she wants to do when she grows up, she says
‘When I’m a mum, I’m…”
I do understand that- at her age, I remember thinking every grown up was a mummy or a daddy (mainly because most of the grownups I did know were a mummy or a daddy!).
Here is the current list, as dictated by Miss BG…
- I am going to put fairy glitter in my hair
- I am going to wear make up and lipstick and eyelash (mascara)
- I want to go to the gym like mummy
- Can I have that dress mummy? (four years old and already she wants to borrow my clothes)
- Wear big shoes (well, she does that already)
- I’m going to have babies (when asked how many she said 5, all girl babies)
- Have keys like you
- Drive in the front seat with you
- Have a cup of tea in a teacup
- Eat LOTS of chocolate
- Live at home with you mummy*
The funny thing is, there are a lot of these things that I wanted to do when I was a grownup, especially the makeup, shoes and clothes. We’re quite alike in that regards, sometimes too much alike :).
*I know that’s 11, but this last one made me smile. I wanted the same thing when I was a little girl.
Do you remember what you wanted to do when you wre a grownup?