Today my mind has been oscillating between the past, present and future.
This song reached #1 in the Billboard charts around this time in June 1990. It has stood the test of time and is a great song and video. I was also quietly freaking out when I realised it’s 20 YEARS OLD.
Listening to the music of my younger years can make you feel somewhat nostalgic for the days when the most pressing thing was to get your (handwritten) essay physically handed in on time. (I still have that pressing thing, except I can hand it in electronically and it’s not usually the most pressing thing!)
The nostalgia continued when I happened to have a chat via MSN messenger with my cousin Bronagh, who is 17, just finished her A-levels and is about to start at art school in Belfast in a couple of month’s time. She was so excited about leaving home and living in halls, independently of her parents and younger brothers. The last time I saw her, she was 8, in plaits and loved to curl up in bed reading at night.
Master BG, whose projectile vomiting ceased almost as quickly as it started, has just been enrolled into our local state school. It feels like yesterday he was just starting to walk. I’m sure in a blink of an eye our next most pressing thing will be deciding which secondary school he’ll be attending.
As of today, it has been
- 13 months since I started blogging
- 22 months since we moved into our home
- 34 months since I gave birth to Miss BG
- 5 years 3 months since I gave birth to Master BG
- 6 years 1month since I moved to Ballarat
- 7 years since I started at MPOW
- 8 1/2 years since I got married
- 9 years 1 month since I started at the SLV and met PS
- 14 years 3 months 18 days since I started working as a librarian and met the lovely Ms S
- 14 years 3 months 17 days since I met Mr BG
Time flies when you’re having fun.