A few reasons why I’m smiling today
- Mr Bookgrrl making me a cup of tea without being asked.
- After a couple of sunny days, the rain is back- but it’s a spring rain, with the days getting warmer and longer.
- The kids playing well together with home made playdoh.
- The smell of freshly-baked bread from the bakery and the sales assistant giving me a couple of mini muffins free for being patient while she helped another customer.
- Going into my lovely library and finding new releases on the shelving cart (yes the library nerd coming out in me!).
- Friends. They may think I’m on crack because I’m quoting Van Morrison, but they’re all lovely, especially when they don’t remark on my appalling skills with dumplings and chopsticks :).
I am looking forward to Saturday for two reasons:
1. My footy team Geelong plays Collingwood in the preliminary final, with the winner progressing to the Grand Final next week. The two played each other in a preliminary final in 2007, with Geelong going on to win the Grand Final. I am hoping this means history will repeat itself.
2. It is Talk like a Pirate Day. Routinely celebrated at work, it is falling on a Saturday. I think we’ll play dressups with the kids…