A mixed dayof good and not so good happenings.
The good happenings include:
- getting a pat on the back from my boss for work I had been doing drafting guidelines for our organisation’s new website
- an interesting information exchange (ok, a gossip session) with a work colleague
- yummy dumplings for lunch
- opening my drawer and discovering some nice orange-infused dark chocolate which was dessert
- the latest Janet Evanovich (guilty pleasure)
- getting home while it was daylight
The not so great happenings include:
- a new work PC that turns itself on and off at whim
- frozen fingers from scraping the frost off the car this morning
- an unwelcome chatty travel companion on the way home- I learned he was one of 11 children, he was the second best reader in his house and he would die in 10-15 years of some lung disease (did I say he reeked of cigarettes?)
- having to put the childrne to bed by myself, while Mr Bookgrrl schmoozed with an award-winning writer at local hotel.
Tallying up the pros and cons, and adding I am sitting in comfortable clothes (trakky daks), I’m ahead- huzzah!
I do wonder about karma sometimes- do good things and good things will happen to you. That is probably why I try to be good, except when it comes to chocolate…