Just back from Sydney and the 40th birthday- it was fun :).
A very Sydney moment- coming into Circular Quay railway station and the three things you see are the Harbour Bridge, the Opera House and a ferry coming in- all on a sunny June afternoon. It’s a sight which still fills me with awe.
It made me think of other moments which make me glad to be alive.
- walking out of work late one night, then turning around to see the building lit up and realising I was working in one of the most beautiful buildings in Australia;
- having lunch overlooking the Paris end of Collins Street;
- finishing my first fun run last month
- Sunday morning bacon and eggs with my friend who just celebrated his 40th birthday and his family, with background music supplied by The Lucksmiths
- coming off the plane today to be greeted by my dad and my son, whose first words to me after hello were “Can I go on a big plane like you Mummy?’